Terality's stack: Python, Pandas & Numpy, Parquet…
Terality's infrastructure: AWS, Redis, Datadog, GitLab…
Your main mission will be to develop and scale Terality's core product: a distributed data processing engine.
From the start, you will help deploying hundreds of workers per second and using major cloud providers services at a rate reaching their limits, and all of this like clockwork.
You will find the right mix of serverless and server technologies to help us scale from processing a few GB/s to a TB/s, with instant auto-scaling.
You will be regularly challenged and learn new technologies to deal with our unique technology! What's more, you will have a direct and immediate impact on Terality's users.
Terality's core product involves a client-side Python library talking through a JSON REST API to a scheduler service, which transforms client requests into parallel computation tasks, slices and dices the data, schedules and runs the tasks on a pool of workers, and returns the results to the client.
Secondary tasks will include anything else that makes a robust and scalable API: persistence and durability of data, performance, availability, reliability, security, monitoring, analytics…
Joining us will make you an expert at advanced data processing!
We are ideally looking for candidates with at least 2-3 years of experience. That said, we welcome candidates from all levels of experience provided they are smart, open-minded and eager to learn!
- Great general coding skills (algorithms & data structures, object-oriented & functional patterns…)
- Back-end software engineering:
* API design
* Distributed architectures and their challenges (availability, scalability, consistency…)
* Observability (logging, monitoring, alerting…)
- Good practices:
* Clean & maintainable code
* Collaborative development: version control, code reviews…
* Continuous integration & deployment
- Python experience
- Numpy/Pandas experience
- AWS experience, especially in compute/storage/data processing services
- DevOps culture, having already put code to production & maintained it
- Modern big data formats for storage, transmission, in memory (Parquet/Arrow/Feather v2/Protobuf....)
- Other technologies in the big data processing space (Spark/Distributed DB/...)
- Experience in a low-level language (Fortran/C/C++/Rust...)
Soft skills and personality
- High standard and attention to detail: We're building a culture of excellency, and are looking for same minded people!
- Fast Learner: We're building a unique product built on the latest technologies. Whatever you have done before, you will be encountering new challenges every day and have to learn new techs on the spot.
- Hacker Mentality: You get things to work, period. You don't get blocked by ugly details. You find out-of-the-box solutions when you hit a wall. You can think of smart shortcuts to save hours of effort. You experiment and test new things all the time.
- Abstraction Skills: You have a deep understanding of how things work. You get the big picture, understand how things scale. You have a clear vision of the most efficient solution and the long term target.
- Autonomous/Collaborative: You can find a good balance between solving problems on your own and looking for help when it is most efficient.
What makes us different? Why joining us?
- We're building the data processing platform of tomorrow. This is a unique chance to build the next big thing in one of the most exciting fields of today.
- Join an ambitious startup: we're building a team of A players. We want to grow fast, and are looking for people with the same ambition.
- We're at the beginning: join us early, make a huge impact and take on great responsibilities as we grow together.
- Wide range of subjects and great depth: we will deal with very different areas of expertise (distributed computing, version control, UI, DevOps, maintenance of ML models...) and with very challenging scale issues. Grow into a jack of all trades "Fullstack Data", or into an expert in of those fields.
- Be rewarded for you work: we want to hire the bests, and pay them accordingly. You'll also be incentivized in the long term success of the company through equity (French BSPCE).
Our perks & benefits
- Competitive pay and equity
- Setup of your choice (computer, screens...)
- Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your children
- Free meals
- Great office location at the heart of Paris, and with the best French tech startups around at Agoranov
Our process is straightforward and should be completed in around 2 weeks.
1. Apply at email@example.com. Join a CV and/or your LinkedIn profile's link. Add any other credentials you want to share (Github, StackOverflow...). No cover letter needed.
2. Quick phone chat with Guillaume (CEO): ~ 30 mins
3. Technical general chat with Adrien (CTO): ~ 1h
4. Technical interview with code tests with the tech team: ~ 2h
5. Chat with Guillaume (CEO): ~ 1h